meeting times(RE: FYI]

Sean Quinlan squinlan at mediaone.net
Thu Aug 17 09:59:54 CDT 2000

Hi!
	The only day I couldn't come is Friday. Tuesdays would be a pain as well,
as it's the only day I consistently make the commute into Boston for work
[bows again to his cable modem].
	As for me, my name is Sean Quinlan. I work at the BioMolecular Engineering
Research Center (bmerc-www.bu.edu) at BU. Most of my job is maintaining the
web site, our local 'database', and doing whole genome analysis and
comparison. When I started this job almost two years ago I only knew a
limited amount of Perl (I'd read learning perl and done some very minimal
cgi for forms parsing).
	For the last two years I've been using Perl day in and day out. I'd
probably be much better at programming Perl, but since so much of the stuff
I get as raw data changes in format week to week, I do a _lot_ of abusive
one liners and one shot scripts.
	Also, I have been considering doing a mongers BBQ at my house sometime in
mid/late September. We live in Medway (near Franklin and the intersection
of 109 and 495). The house we live in is on the 15 acre farm (horse riding)
where my wife works. We have about an acre of front lawn with a few trees
and a pond out back. Good/bad date suggestions would be appreciated, but
the final arbiter is the show schedule.

Sean P. Quinlan
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/squinlan/index.html
mailto:grendel at celticweb.com

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin