[Pikes-peak-pm] Rejuvenating the Pikes Peak Perl Mongers

Tim Chambers timc+perl at divide.net
Sun Sep 20 14:51:25 PDT 2009

Hi Dusty, Doug, Ed, John, Bradley, and David,

Bradley wrote:

> I am happy to see some activity here. I live in Buena Vista...

Wow. I'll commit to carve out time to meet with Perl geeks who are
willing to drive that far! I founded the group. I administer the list
and the Website. I manually forward O'Reilly email occasionally. Looks
like the time is right to turn up the activity level.

We ought to do something somewhat formal so that Dusty and Bradley
aren't disappointed. The group crystallized around the publicity of a
jointly sponsored talk with the Pikes Peak Linux Users Group by Eric
Raymond over ten years ago. Our membership grew to 40 back then. We had
a long run of regular lunch meetings. It fizzled as people got busy with
jobs.

Let's give this some thought. We could also start with a virtual event
to do some interactive brainstorming. My day job has me doing these all
the time. There's excellent technology for it.

Anyone have a preference for how we get going? I think we should do
something in the evening to accommodate Dusty and Bradley.

-- Tim