Make perl fragile?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu May 16 17:11:48 CDT 2002

I've got a nice script running.  It sorts through about 500Megs of data
and puts out about 30 relevant lines.  It's doing exactly what I want.

The problem is I think there is an error in the input data.  I keep
getting this:

--------------------------------------
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ./SortData.pl line 50,
        <SLIN> line 1230370 (#1)
    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
    defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
    To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.

I'd rather not try and edit this file and go to line 1230370.  Is there
a way to tell perl to execute a function (dump some information) and
exit when it see's an error like this?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: