flock() Race Condiiton?

Keary Suska hierophant at pcisys.net
Fri May 10 13:11:29 CDT 2002

Is anyone aware of a possible flock() race condition that could cause two
processes vying for a lock to effectively lock each other out, and at the
same time, lock out any access to that file? I am trying to debug a rather
mysterious problem where a parallel processing system just hangs for some
reason.

On another note, is anyone familiar with using the Perl debug module. I
would like to be able to send a process a signal that kicks on
non-interactive debugging which outputs to a file. The conditions of this
problem I am trying to uncover can only be tested in a  multi-process mode,
which makes it very difficult to do interactively. Also being able to kick
on debugging and tie it to the current tty would also be great. I believe
all this is possible, but I can't quite figure out how it is done from the
Camel book.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.