new name for takeitoffline.com

Tim Chambers tbchambers at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 10:59:53 CDT 2001

Keith Wear wrote:
> This is the first e-mail I've received since signing up for PPPM list.

Welcome, Keith. I'm replying to the whole group in case anyone else has the
same problem.

> I'm not able to find takeitoffline.  Actually, my browser can't find it.
I'm
> behind a firewall, but not a filtered one.  Do you have any idea why I
can't
> reach the site?  Do you have a numeric IP for it in case it has something
> to do with my DNS server?

takeitoffline.com changed their domain name to quicktopic.com a while back.
The DNS lookup returns the same IP (205.254.196.12), but if anyone's having
trouble accessing it, try these (which also work for me):

http://quicktopic.com/8/H/QTW5mmRpPk8g

> http://takeitoffline.com/1/H/NuLK8Ll3CxritWqkut7. There hasn't been
anything
http://quicktopic.com/1/H/NuLK8Ll3CxritWqkut7
> posted for a while, though.
>
> P.P.S. Please don't forward takeitoffline.com URLs to anyone not on our
> mailing list. Obscurity of the URL is the only protection of privacy that
we
> have. Not ideal, but I'm a fan of takeitoffline.com and want to support
them
> with our traffic.

http://205.254.196.12/8/H/QTW5mmRpPk8g and
http://205.254.196.12/1/H/NuLK8Ll3CxritWqkut7 did NOT work for me -- they
both replaced the subdirectories with /./. I've never seen THAT before.

<>< Tim

P.S. I'm also behind a firewall.