Delurking/introduction

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Fri Jan 28 10:51:01 CST 2000

> Just delurking and sticking my head up to say hi as requested in the
> welcome message ...

Michael, Hi! Hi to everyone else as well.

I guess I should step up and let everyone know who I am as well...

I've been programming since November of 1980 (back when I was knee-high to a
grasshopper) and have loved (almost) every minute of it. I've gone through
BASIC, Pascal, C, GNU C++, MS Visual C++, Perl, Java, Javascript, Visual
Basic, and a few others. These days, I stick to doing all of my programming
in Perl, GNU C++, Java and Javascript. I basically pick the language that
will best handle the problem at hand. It seems that most of the time Perl is
the tool of choice to get the job done.

I'm currently working for ChannelPoint as their webmaster. There I do quite
a bit with Java, Javascript, HTML and Perl. Most things there are Java since
the entire company seems to be heavily vested in the language and to use
something else is almost sacreligious.

In my spare time I work on an online game called Spear of Insanity that was
originally written in C, but I have ported most of the code to C++. That is
a work in progress that will probably never be finished. Of course, I'm
working full time and going to school part time at UCCS so I don't have a
whole lot of free time. I am majoring in Computer Science (what a surprise)
and minoring in History.

I guess that's enough about me for now... See you all at lunch!

--
  .-.   John Evans <mailto:evansj at kilnar.com>
  /v\   http://evansj.kilnar.com/  telnet://spear.kilnar.com:1066/