MIME encoded attachments

Keary Suska aksuska at insideflyer.com
Wed Aug 9 16:35:08 CDT 2000

As Vance indicated, extracting MIME parts is fairly straightforward, since
you would just look for the boundary string. The complexities involve
dealing with the different MIME content-types and how to handle them. Not
all MIME parts are attachments, as they could be an HTML version of the
email, as version in a different language, etc. It's been a while since I
have looked at the MIME modules, but I am pretty sure the recent versions
handle almost every encoding/decoding method and can easily extract
different parts. Depending on what the agent is designed to do, you may be
able to ignore many content-types, but beware that not all MTA's properly
conform to the MIME 1.0 standard.

Regards,

Keary Suska
Mgr., Information Technologies