[Phoenix-pm] Databases - MySql, NoMysql and more

Erik Tank lefthandskeletonkey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:50:30 PDT 2017

Postgres, Redis, Neo4J, CouchDB, CockroachDB (I think I have a spare for
that).

In a world of DB choices what is the right one for your application? MySQL
is the standard; NoMySQL is the way to go! There is a time and a place (and
an app) for each type of database.

This will be a high level review with an attempt to show when it is best to
use each type. Either the field of databases available will get clearer or
just muddy the waters.

Monger's Meeting on Thursday June 8th at Ticketmaster -- 7PM.

Pizza will arrive around 6:30 so come early to socialize and eat.

Please respond to this email or RSVP via meetup.com so that we have a head
count.

Thanks,

Erik

Meetup.com: https://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Perl-Mongers/events/237445556/