[Phoenix-pm] Job Opportunity

Bobby Metz bwmetz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:10:17 PST 2011

Also, if you are interested, I work for them locally and can also accept
resumes for submission and answer any questions regarding culture, etc.
just hit me up off-list.

Bobby

On Feb 9, 2011 1:35 PM, "Douglas E. Miles" <doug at veritablesoftware.com>
wrote:

Just passing this along...

----------
Attn. Fabulously Skilled Perl Programmers:

My company: Global Crossing Inc., which maybe some of you in Phoenix
have actually heard of, is looking for a couple of skilled (as in, knows
 how to do OO programming) Perl programmers. In addition to knowing
what all the $ variables are and knowing to not use almost any of them,
the following skills would be very handy:

- Mandatory:
-- some knowledge of networking equipment like routers and switches
-- the ability to SELECT your way out of a paper bag
-- You know what the cron facility on a Unix system does
-- Familiarity with CVS or other unixy source control system like SVN.

- Helpful:
-- Perl Template::Toolkit experience
-- jQuery javascript library
-- Familiar with (you don't have to like it) java, python, Tcl
-- You can explain in more than two sentences why vi is better than
emacs. Well, the other way around would be acceptable too, just wrong.

The pay is not too shabby, and depends on your experience.

Please send questions or resumes to:

Austin Schutz
aschutz(at)gblx.net
Preferably with a subject heading of "GC Perl Job".