[Phoenix-pm] Celebrate Perl's 20th birthday? Four Peaks South

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Dec 19 16:55:50 PST 2007

Niether PM has many meetings anywhere these days.  Usually (or for
the past couple years before Brock took off for DC), Mill's End Cafe
in downtown Tempe was the usual meeting spot, but we've done
Scottsdale Community College, Nello's (north Scottsdale), Counter
Culture Cafe (downtown Phoenix, and sadly defunct -- only
24 hour coffee shop in this place).

I'd like to encourage you to call a meeting in Scottsdale, and
Four Peaks up there would be an excellent pick.  I could probably
make it too.  Calling meetings and finding compelling themes
or presentations (or making other people present) is a pain and
if you have any interest in having a meeting up there, I'd
love to see you use that as an excuse to do that tedious work =)
They don't know my name, but they recognize me up there.

Frankly, I've given dozens of presentations over the years to
Phoenix.PM, and my heart just isn't in it any more.  And I've
failed to find things other than presentations to entertain
at meetings.

Cheers,
-scott