[Phoenix-pm] Celebrate Perl's 20th birthday? Four Peaks South

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Dec 19 13:26:37 PST 2007

Hi jdawgaz,

Four Peaks is a microbrewery, but considering how much fermentation
capacity they have and how much beer the college students put away,
I'm not sure "micro" really holds.  It's in an old fish warehouse,
a big old brick building, which was formerly part of the Pacific
Creamery, dating back to the late 1800s or early 1900s.  So,
the atmosphere is good, or about the best you can do in Phoenix.
Er, it's near downtown Tempe:

They have a full bar, but a lot of people discover that they
like the alcoholic beverage, currently lacking a distinctive name,
that's made out of barley, hopped, and self-carbonated, rather
than the stuff commonly known as "beer" which is actually
rice, rice sugars, corn sugars, fermented to high gravity
and watered down, barely hopped at all, and filled with
chemical stabilzers to create artifical head rentention
before being force carbonated like soda.

http://fourpeaks.com

(Hmm, if no one wants to talk about Perl on this list, maybe
I can start a beer "discussion" if I just troll a bit...).

-scott