[Phoenix-pm] Semi-infinite strings and Patricia trees

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Thu Mar 9 11:15:53 PST 2006

Hi all,

Please allow me to elaborate.  I'd like to present on semi-infinite strings
and patricia trees, which is the basic technology that Google uses that
enables them to search for numeric ranges, such as 1000..2000, exact
quotes, and do lots of other neat things.

I won't talk about stemming, scoring, weighting, crawling, or lots of
other things, at least not much, and not without request -- the
presentation is concerned with this algorithm set, storage method,
and it's data structures.

Hope to see you there!
-scott

PS: updated the Wiki.