[Phoenix-pm] anyone use perl for non CGI here?

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Sun Mar 5 09:30:40 PST 2006

The CGI and "Web stuff" is merely one part of what we all do. For
example, for every CGI that my company has we have a nearly identical
command-line script. Customers use the CGI, staff use the scripts,
and all the "real" code is in object modules, so there's no duplication.

If you have non-CGI questions there are plenty of folk here to answer
them.

-- Mike

On Mar 5, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Jerry Davis wrote:

> I see a lot of cgi and web stuff on this list.
> Does anyone use perl for anything other than web?
>
> I have used perl daily for over 7 years, and only done one cgi app.
> The rest have been either stand-alone apps, or glue.
>
> Just asking :)
>
> Jerry
> --
> Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
> Registered Linux User: 275424
>
> This email's random fortune: Kill Ugly Processor Architectures
> - Karl Lehenbauer

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>