[Phoenix-pm] Next Meeting...

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Jul 19 11:26:07 PDT 2006

Hi Ben,

>    constraints and my own life's little surprises of thew past 2 years,
>    so if its me you have something against, fine, just don't take it out
>    on the university in a public list.

Whoa, whoa there... I think you misunderstood.  I certainly don't have
anything against you, and ASU's staff is no way obligated to help us --
that's not their job, and they don't owe us any favors.  And I was
refering to their past discooperation -- Brock reportedly mailed a list
of likely suspects and they didn't even do him the curtesy of a brief
reply explaining they can't help or suggesting another route.

I just meant to say that we shouldn't wait forever, or even much longer,
to see if an ASU location pans out, as it seems to me that that has
been delaying having a meeting for too long now.  And there's no reason
we can't do a meeting at Mill's End or whereever and then later at ASU
if we're able to work something out in the interium.  And indeed it was
because I am happy to allow your friend time to get back to us that I
suggested Mill's End.  It could take a few days of discussion to work
out an arrangement, then a week's advance notice to set up the room,
and then rounding error involved in our own scheduling contraints
(eg, tending to have meetings on Thursdays or whatever) would take it up
another half of a week.  None of that is his fault.  And it's stuff
we should be working on.

I didn't mean to (though I accidentally did -- I'm sorry) imply that your
friend wasn't cooperating.  I didn't realize he was actually ASU staff.
I'm still eager to see how that works out.

-scott