[Phoenix-pm] Staying in California

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 3 12:46:03 PDT 2006

San Francisco is an hour's drive from my house in San Jose, so I
didn't look that far north. There is technically a Silicon Valley
Perl Mongers that meets in my area, but all they do are social
meetings, AFAICT.

I suppose, now that I'm here permanently, I should check them both
out. Still, it's hard to make late meetings when you have a toddler
at home who wakes you up early. :-(

Nobody seems to keep their website as well updated as Phoenix.pm,
though.

Thanks,
-- Mike

On Jul 3, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Brock wrote:

> On 2006.07.03.18.27, Scott Walters wrote:
> | > (when there are any) and loved the writeups from YAPC recently.
> You
> | > may also have heard me rant about the lack of any perlmongers
> groups
> | > in Silicon Valley (wouldn't you think they'd gather, here of all
> | > places?). So, if it's OK with you guys, I'd like to stay on the
> | > mailing list as an "emeritus" member.

> | To speculate wildly, probably the only thing preventing a thriving a
> | PM group there is the nutso commute times and the even more nutso
> | commute times people would face if they had an additional stop in
> | some random location on the way home.

> is at
> least as active as this one, and have meetings now and then.
>
> --Brock

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>