[Phoenix-pm] [job] Linux Admin w/ Perl/PHP Programming

Benjamin R. Ginter bginter at ndevtech.net
Tue Aug 8 17:46:38 PDT 2006

This is a junior to full version of my current position.  I will be
providing continuing remote consulting services to bring the successful
candidate up to mastery of our systems and to make sure our customers are
not negatively impacted.  I submitted a three week notice last week.

I would like to encourage anyone who thinks this is well suited for them
to submit a resume.  Don't let a sendmail handicap or whatever scare you
away.  Most of the configs are very straightforward, howto kind of
stuff.  Rote memorization isn't a requirement -- just the ability to find
the answers if you don't know.

If you are a Perl whiz, that's a huge bonus and you'll be a shoe-in.
Even if your Perl skills are weak but you have a desire to improve, here's
your chance to learn on the job.  If you have no Perl skills but know
another language well and are willing to learn Perl, that will also work.

This is a great environment with flexibility, good benefits, and friendly,
laid-back atmosphere with dimmed lighting at my desk.  I've been here
since June 13, 2001 and I would not otherwise give this job up but I'm
making a philosophical lifestyle choice.

Benjamin

Linux Admin w/ Perl/PHP Programming

nDev Technologies, Inc. is an established software development and
consulting company located in North Phoenix near the MetroCenter. We are
currently seeking a full-time Linux Administrator with Perl and/or PHP
programming experience.

We are immediately hiring a qualified candidate with all of the following
skills:

- Linux administration
- Basic LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- PostgreSQL (strong MySQL ok if willing to learn PGSQL)
- Perl Programming (OOP background helpful)
- PHP Programming (PHP4+)

The successful candidate should have experience configuring and
maintaining open source software packages such as Apache, Bind, and
Sendmail. Experience with mod_perl a plus.

This is a dream job for fans of open-source software. We use CVS,
Bugzilla, Apache, Sendmail, Bind, PHP, mod_ssl, ProFTPD/wuftpd,
iptables/ipchains and primarily utilize Debian Linux with some minor
maintenance of customer owned RedHat Enterprise Linux and Cobalt RAQ
systems.

A background in Perl or another language is desired.

Candidate should be a punctual self-starter with the ability to
communicate effectively and professionally with customers when required.

nDev Technologies maintains servers and software for Lariat Software, LLC.
who develops and markets a web-based debt collections software for both
standalone and ASP deployments. The candidate employee will be responsible
for maintaining production servers in a half-rack at the Tempe LimeLight
colocation facility for Lariat-ASP customers. Current uptimes exceed 500
days.

Fax or e-mail your resume today. This opportunity will not last.

Title     : Programmer/Analyst
Benefits  : Full Medical/Dental/401k
Location  : 9201 N. 25th Ave, Suite 260, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Pay Range : 38k-43k DOE

Principals only! No recruiters or agencies.

nDev Technologies, Inc.
9201 N. 25th Ave., Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85021
Phone: 602-749-9933