[Phoenix-pm] Survey: IDE

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Sat Sep 3 10:34:34 PDT 2005

My development environment is distributed, not integrated. "Integrated" implies
monolithic. Unix only timeshares; vi only edits text; perldoc only displays
documentation; cvs only does versioning; etc. When I find a better text editor,
I'll start using it (does any know any that have Lisp embedded, maybe?). When
I find a better versioning system, I'll use it. I don't care whether they all
run in the same window pane or not.

However, I hope the next generation of GUI programming books for Perl
will teach me how to use a GUI builder, such as Glade/GTK ;)

-scott