[Phoenix-pm] [Perl Jobs] Webbased Application Developer (onsite), Maricopa, AZ, Tempe

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Jun 22 11:05:04 PDT 2005

Hi Bobby,

Yes, the pay range is low, but I was refering to a more fundamental attitude
towards programmers that the low pay is only symptomatic of. I was following
up weekly on my hand-written cover letter. The second week, I wrote a brief
note explaining that I'm particularly intersted in the job, I'd like to know
that they got my coverletter, and even if they already selected someone,
I'd like a quick, one minute reply. I get a reply, and it said, "never speak
to me in that tone of voice again". Perhaps I'm paranoid, but to me, this says
"programmers are plebians not worthy to wallow in my vacinity". So, when I
say I think they're looking for a pushover, I mean to say that they're looking
for someone completely subservient -- someone possessing no self-interest
whatsoever.

-scott