[Phoenix-pm] Phoenix.pm Status

aj@exiledplanet.org aj at exiledplanet.org
Tue Jun 14 10:33:00 PDT 2005

The presentation I'm giving this week at The Day Job is an introduction to POD.  It's simple, but a lot of people don't use it, often because they don't understand it.  New/intermediate Perl programmers (hopefully) will find it useful; advanced users will probably yawn because it's old hat to them.  I'm sure there would be no problem presenting it to Phoenix.pm if people are interested.

I'm working on another presentation, but it may only be relevant to The Day Job:  what to do when you have no DBD drivers for the quasi-open source database product your Day Job just bought.

The programs I'm working on deal with podcasting (using Josh McAdams's XML::RAI::Enclosure module) and PDA file syncing (because syncing with PDAs on *nix platforms is often irritating).  Neither of these are ready for presentation yet.  I'm not sure the latter is "cool" enough to warrant a presentation, though the former might be, if only to discuss the  options available on CPAN for RSS newsfeed publishing.

--aj