[Phoenix-pm] Phoenix.pm Status

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Sat Jun 11 15:13:18 PDT 2005

I think it's a great idea to introduce ourselves.

Like I mentioned, I haven't attended many Phoenix.PM meetings because
until recently I lived in Flagstaff. Last July I got to go to one where
I presented a crazy idea of mine, and had lots of fun and surely scared
lots of people.

Now I live in Tempe, and work off of Central and McDowell -- but I am
willing to travel just about anywhere in the valley for meetings.

Personal profile: I am a programmer of all sorts and have been since I
was knee-high to a grasshopper. My favorite languages are Perl and
OCaml, though I'm happy to discuss any programming language/technology
at length. I am a frequentor of perlmonks.org, where you can find me as
'awwaiid' (which is also my screenname on AIM and all over the place if
you'd like to get ahold of me). Lately in Perl land I've been doing some
work in fancy web-application technology. I've also gotten to use Perl
in a large data-management application.

In my free time I program, play the harmonica, hang out with my wife at
coffee shops, and help run a small non-profit webhosting company
(epfarms.org). Oh, and I have a pet rabbit :)

I'm interested in a leadership role here because
1) I like Perl
2) I like people who like Perl
3) I like communities, and there is no better way to encourage their
   existence than direct involvement in the organizational process

--Brock
http://thelackthereof.org/