[Phoenix-pm] Job Opportunity [Fwd: Looking for Full Time Perl developer]

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Thu Jun 9 23:41:10 PDT 2005

Keep in mind that some of the simple 'perks' aren't required by law, and
are often quite expensive for a small business to offer. In many cases,
the cost of a single employee can be 20% to 30% more than just their
salary.

Point of fact, many hourly employees aren't offered health insurance, to
say little of their dependants. I'm a full time, salaried manager, and I
won't see two weeks of paid vacation until my second anniversary.

Not all companies are the same.

- billn

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Joel wrote:

> When ur trying to survive as a small company?
>
> Michael Friedman wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, but when did offering health insurance, 401K plans, and paid
>> vacation and sick days get to be a special thing that had to be called
>> out in a job posting? Isn't it still the case that a "full-time" job
>> automatically comes with those benefits?
>>
>> I understand that many programming positions have become contract
>> positions, and in that case it's all up to the contract what benefits
>> are provided, but I can't imagine I'm so out-of-date as to have missed
>> a change in what the "standard" benefits are.
>>
>> Am I?
>>
>> -- Mike
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Douglas E. Miles wrote:

>>> CVS