[Phoenix-pm] Job Opportunity [Fwd: Looking for Full Time Perl developer]

David A. Sinck phx-pm-list at grueslayer.com
Thu Jun 9 16:31:24 PDT 2005

\_ SMTP quoth Michael Friedman on 6/9/2005 09:47 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I'm sorry, but when did offering health insurance, 401K plans, and paid
\_ vacation and sick days get to be a special thing that had to be called
\_ out in a job posting? Isn't it still the case that a "full-time" job
\_ automatically comes with those benefits?

Ha, no.  It depends on the company size.  Unless a smaller company has
outsourced payroll (ala ADP, Checkmate, ...) then, as I understand it,
even employee contribution only 401ks are a lot of paperwork and cost
to implement.  Well, I suppose the cost to implement is similar for
large companies, it's just more painful to the company when it's
smaller.  :-)

Presumably some of the message was added to prevent "small company,
short job description == spam."  Dunno.

Regardless, I'm happy Lariat SW LLC is using Perl and seeking local
help.

David