[Phoenix-pm] Meeting wrapup - meeting on 2005-07-28

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Fri Jul 29 08:28:08 PDT 2005

Yesterday we met at the Scottsdale Civic Center Library, which seems like
a good location. We had 9 PerlPeople (PodPeople? hmm) and two main topics.

First I talked about the ICFP contest (http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/) and
some useful tools and techniques for attacking it with Perl
(Parse::RecDescent and Graph.pm were mentioned). Oh, and I tortured
everyone with my love of whiteboardness!

Andy then taught us the fundamentals of POD, and encouraged us to use it
to document all of our Perl code. Andy, you wanna post those slides
somewhere for us?

When Scott gets back we can pester him more about getting our wiki back so
that I can post these meeting summaries to there :). Since the mailing
list volume has increased as of late (and I like it!) we'll be sure to get
the site going so that important information such as meeting times will be
easy to find, not getting drowned out in the other interesting
discussions.

--Brock