[Phoenix-pm] newbie

Jonathan K. Smith jksmith at lexsolutio.com
Mon Jul 11 12:49:35 PDT 2005

Specifically I'm having problems trying to get GuiTest to find the proper window.  In fact I have been unable to get FindWindow to return any value.  Additionally I the Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys is hanging I think, cause it doesn't execute that step until after I manually close the application I am trying to sendkeys to.  Here is my test script as it stands now.  It opens the application correctly, but then just hangs.  @window remains empty and ^p is send to STDOUT.  The error says that FindWindowLike requires an additional parameter, but all examples I've seen are in the format that I've used.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
$Win32::GuiTest::debug = 1;
chdir "Originals";
my @ptxFile = glob(<*>);
system ("C:\\Windows\\etrnview.exe @ptxFile");
my @window = FindWindowLike (0,"^BEACH,BOBBY");
print @window;
Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("^p");

print "\n\nEnter <Return> to continue:";
<>

Jonathan Smith
Encore Lex Solutio
www.lexsolutio.com