[Phoenix-pm] OT -- calendaring software suggestions?

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Dec 23 03:12:15 PST 2005

Hi folks,

Off topic, I'm sorry. Can anyone suggest calendaring applications? I demoed
Sunbird for a client, but he was put off by the stream of error dialogs and
general alpha quality of the software. Evolution, as far as I know
(correct me I'm wrong) only runs (or can easily be made to run) on Unix-like
systems, and some clients will be PCs running Microsoft Windows, so it's out.
Outlook is an option, but I don't want to set up an Exchange server or
the thing Novell is selling as a replacement -- too expensive, too involved.
Something that uses .ics files would be great. Application is basically
of scheduling. Several people have appointments that recur weekly or bi-weekly.
Let's call them hypnotists, just for fun (they aren't though... hypnotists, I mean).
The hypnotists, from interacting with their clients on whome they make house
calls, may reschedule their weekly or bi-weekly appointments. However, there's
a a lead hypnotist who does demos for new clients, and he can schedule other
hypnotists. Hence each person has access to their own calendar, and one
person has access to everyone's calendars, and should see them all side-by-side
without having to flip through several independant calendars if at all possible.

I'm asking this realizing that Outlook/Sunbird/Evolution may not be the way to go
at all... I'm presuming there is software designed just to do this sort of thing.
Suggestions? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,