[Phoenix-pm] "Perl 6 Now" chapter 1

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Thu Oct 14 14:12:36 CDT 2004

Whomever has the 0spam.com email address, you're probably not going to see
very many list posts as people posting to the list aren't going to bother
to go through the captcha. And I'm imagining a future where posting an
innocent email to a list gets you bombarded with hundreds of email
verification requests with links to web captchas. And what happens when
a 0spam.com user emails someone who has an account at a like service?
Both services would do a cold-war gig until one first accepted
email from the other, which neither will do, so no mail goes through.
Also, a lot of spam is sent with well known email addresses as the
sender. So, you might want to add phoenix-pm at pm.org to a whitelist ;)

Perhaps I'm just bitter because I discovered /usr was full, and upon
investigation, found Mail::SpamAssassin had accumulated over a gig
of data, and now I'm running without filtering until I can write
a minimal replacement (sometimes you just have to do things yourself
if you want them done right - other people have entirely too much time
on their hands).

Cheers!