[Phoenix-pm] Wanted: Reviewers to read _Perl 6 Now_ and potentially say nice things

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Nov 10 02:09:19 CST 2004

Hi Perl Mongers,

I need people who have time and inclination to write a book
review to read copies of _Perl 6 Now_. Marketing (evil, run!)
wants me to hunt down otherwise sane people who would be
inclined to submit a review to Slashdot, Amazon, etc should
they happen to read a book they like after this seed is planted
in their head (and before an alien bursts from their stomach).
If you _don't_ like the book, I'd like to know all about it,
but do me a favor and buy your own damn copy if you just want
to rag on it publically, mmm'kay? Seriously, I'm going to pass
out copies at Perl Mongers meetings when I get my hands on them,
but in addition to that, I need mailing addresses of people
interested in doing book reviews. If I recognize your name,
so much the better. In other words, people who have never posted
here before and haven't written cool CPAN modules will be
the last in line (assuming there is in fact a line). After
I get your name and mailing address, there will be a wait -
probably over a month - while machines stamp the lettering
onto the pages. Mail your address to me, not the list. Again,
if you're *not* inclined to do a review, don't mail me but
go to the meetings instead - this will save Apress on
shipping charges as I'm getting one big box of these things.
If you email me something indicating you didn't read or comprehend
this post I'll assume you're not likely to comprehend the
book either and I will then decline to send you a copy.
If you have a _friend_ who has written reviews before or
otherwise comes to mind, feel free to pass this request along, but
please, do not post it for everyone to see as this is only open for
a few days and I'm favoring people I know of anyway. Okay, that's
it. Let's hear from you.

Thanks,
-scott

P.S.: I've attached a description of the book as Google doesn't
have too much useful to say about this title yet and the text on
Apress' website sucks rocks.