[Phoenix-pm] Perl 5.8.5 presentation

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 16 15:01:22 CDT 2004

It's an interesting slideshow. I find it's always good to know the
highlights of new versions, so I can see if it's worth the effort to
upgrade.

Word of warning, though: the author uses 'gay' as a pejorative. If that
offends you as much as it does me, you should probably read another
summary of the changes.

-- Mike

On Jul 13, 2004, at 8:52 PM, Scott Walters wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au>
> -----
>

> G'day everyone,
>
> I'm doing a brief presentation at Melbourne.PM tonight on what's new in
> Perl 5.8.5.  It's roughly the same content as the perldelta, but made
> up
> into little slides and with splashes of colour here and there.
>
> It's not the most exciting talk talk in the world, but I figured that
> as
> Melb.PM won't be the only Perl Mongers group that tries to do a "What
> new in 5.8.x" each new release.  As such, the presentation has been
> released under the GPL/Artistic license, and is available from:
>
> 	http://perltraining.com.au/talks/
>
> Hopefully this will save other people a bit of work when it comes to
> doing their own presentations.
>
> It's available in OpenOffice and PDF format.
>
> Cheerio,
>
> 	Paul
>
> --
> Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
> Director of Training                   | Ph:  +61 3 9354 6001
> Perl Training Australia                | Fax: +61 3 9354 2681
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

Michael Friedman                  HighWire Press, Stanford Southwest
Phone: 480-456-0880                                   Tempe, Arizona
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>