Phoenix.pm: quoting constant hash keys survey

eden li eden.li at asu.edu
Sat Apr 17 09:51:21 CDT 2004

I like it, but I don't see why perl can't just adopt the dot like Java and C.

%foo.bar -> %foo{'bar'}

I guess could be ambiguously parsed as a string concat operator:

(%foo) . bar()

But I'm wondering if %foo can exist in that context all by itself in Perl6.  Anyway, either way, I'm all for typing less.  Besides, gullimets seem to stand out more than they should, especially for every hash access in which you don't feel like typing quotes.