Phoenix.pm: Perl and utf8 on Windows

Matt Alexander m at phxlinux.org
Mon Apr 12 13:49:35 CDT 2004

I have a Perl script that reads data in a SQLite file.  On Linux
everything works great.  When I move the script and SQLite file to
Windows, I get garbage characters in my output where the characters should
have been something like an accented e (é) or accented i (í).

The original text file was in utf8 and was then imported into SQLite.

I'm using ActiveState Perl 5.8.3 on Win2K.

Any suggestions on how to get Windows to display the characters correctly?
Thanks,
~M