Phoenix.pm: Tempe/East Vally PerlMongers Approved.

Douglas E. Miles doug at phoenixinternet.com
Thu Nov 13 20:36:52 CST 2003

Scott Thompson wrote:
<snip>

>All joking aside, the reason I asked if I was coming into a politically
>volatile situation was to know -- before I show up -- who's pissed at who.

I'm not pissed at anyone.  At least no-one in this group.  At least
no-one in this group who's still alive. Did I say that out loud? :)

>I hate to boil it down to that, but hey -- politics among passionate persons
>can make long-time enemies if you talk to the wrong person.  I don't wanna
>be burning any bridges as I'm crossing them.  At the same time, far be it
>from me to avoid Person A because Person B says I should.  I'd just hate to
>think that Person B would start avoiding me because I said "Hi" to Person A.

I can see how this looks to someone new, but honestly this group is
*the* most friendly I've ever seen.  I can count the number of times
something like this has happened  on one hand in the 6 years (I just
looked it up and I can't believe it!) this group has been around.

>*sigh*  Maybe I should lurk for a while, eh? :)

Please don't.  We have enough lurkers already. :)