Phoenix.pm: Tempe/East Vally PerlMongers Approved.

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Mon Nov 10 10:52:12 CST 2003

The point I'm trying to make, however backhanded, is that your reasons for
forming another group, for all intents and purposes, suck. It's purely
typical of the behavior that encourages folks like me to avoid you, ala
knee-jerk reactionism and poorly thought out behavior.

However much the curmudgeon I may seem throughout this exchange, forming a
second local PM group is a division of resources that will simply fracture
the local community and spread resources even thinner, as you attempt to
build a community base at the expense of another. If it's simply forming
another group that reduces the odds of folks (who take issue with your
personal characteristics) running into you, that's addressing the
*symptom* and not the *problem*.

There are days I really hate having to play the bad guy, and say the
things people may not want to hear, but they need to be said, and should
be said before any damage is incurred.

- billn