Phoenix.pm: ICFP contest

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Jun 27 21:29:39 CDT 2003

Thanks to everyone who contacted me, on and off the list.
People didn't have enough notice to dedicate much time to this,
and I'm really too busy and should be doing real work, but I'm
chatting about solutions with a friend on WeeHours (telnet to
weehours.net 2000). I'm thinking of starting with a spline
and using a genetic algorithm to tweak it with reguards to
which parts to accelerate through and go wider, and which parts
to slow in, to take it tighter or not run off the road due
to more acceleration earlier. As much fun as this is, like
I said, I shouldn't be doing this, but we'll see ;)

http://icfpcontest.org, by the way.

Perhaps I'll petition Doug to make this an official
phoenix.pm event next year ;)