Phoenix.pm: the toilet simulator, fuzzylogic, mp3s, lecture notes

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Jul 18 18:34:23 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

Lecture notes, an MP3 recording of the lecture (1kbit/second, 8,000hz, glug, glug),
the source code, screenshots, etc are on line:

http://www.perldesignpatterns.com/?FuzzyLogic

Essentially the entire meeting (except my B.O.) are available online.

I hope you all had half as much fun as I did. I told Doug a year that the
FuzzyLogic module was done, but I wouldn't present it until I thought of
some good examples for it. Hope it was worth the wait, and thanks very
much to everyone who came.

Updated the lecture notes with the second half, where I went over the
code, and pasted the code and explanations in, so you don't have to
bother downloading the .tar.gz and trying to navigate it if you don't
want to, but the AI::FuzzyLogic (not yet on CPAN) has a bunch of POD
on it that might make the examples more clear. Hint: the operators are
overloaded, so +, -, ~, *, &, etc, etc do "magical" things when used
on AI::FuzzyLogic objects.

To Kurt, sorry for all of the abuse. I might have been a little nicer
if I had remembered that I was recording the thing. You know I love
you. We'll always have Paris.

If there is anything that needs better explanation, feel free to
insert a comment into the Wiki directly, and I'll see it in the
change log, or just email me. My goal is, as always, to polish
this gunk up to the point that someone could actually use it.

Cheers,