Phoenix.pm: tie problem under mod_perl

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Wed Jan 29 16:00:57 CST 2003

I'm having a strange problem with tie under mod_perl.  I don't know that
it is a mod_perl problem, but here is what's happening:

I have a hash in package 'buildpage' that I need to tie to Tie::IxHash.
  The tieing is done from package 'BuildPage::Template'.  This appears
to work.  When I try to access the hash from package 'BuildPage::Tag',
it is empty, and tied returns a false value.  In fact, I found that it
doesn't seem to matter which module I am tieing to.  But, if I comment
out the tie, the hash becomes visible again.  I have tried setting up
the same scenerio from the command line, and it works perfectly.  Any ideas?