Phoenix.pm: Apache::Session::Lock::File under mod_perl

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Wed Jan 29 15:43:08 CST 2003

Doug Miles wrote:
> Anyone out there using Apache::Session::File and
> Apache::Session::Lock::File under mod_perl?  The problem I am having is
> that Apache::Session::Lock::File is aparently not releasing the
> exclusive lock when the tied hash goes out of scope.  I can get a simple
> test program to work from the command line, but when I try it under
> mod_perl, it locks on the tie to the existing session.  If I delete the
> lock file, it works fine.  Any ideas?

As a follow-up to this question...

I just replaced Apache::Session with CGI::Session, and I think it is
experiencing the same problem with different symptoms.  When I would try
to read in the session, it would create a new one as if I was passing it
an undef.  I was able to get it to work by explicitly doing a close on
the session before doing the internal redirect.  I failed to mention the
internal redirect in the above problem, and I think that it is the
crucial piece of information.  I'm guessing that the process that
launches the redirect process must stick around until the redirect
process is completed.  Any thoughts?