Phoenix.pm: Training

Mark Pease Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Fri Aug 15 18:09:57 CDT 2003

Scott Walters wrote:

> My advice is call area technical colleges about the availability of
> night/evening
> classes. I can't remember who, but one of our own perlmongers was
> teaching just
> such a course and perhaps still is. This is an effectively a directed
> study,
> which checks in place to make sure that important tidbits aren't missed
> and a
> safety net if you get lost (okey, I'm mixing metaphores, time to stop).
> Ongoing education at a college looks far better on a resume than stupid
> seminars anyway. Any technical college's Perl class is likely to be fairly
> comprehensive but suited to relative novices at the same time. It won't
> move
> quite as quickly as a seminar, but it will be a lot more thorough.

That would be me. At the moment, Chandler-Gilbert is not offering the
class maybe in the spring, though).

I can teach the class privately, as a three day, five day, or as an
evening class one day a week for 8 weeks, if there is a place and at
least 10 people.

Please contact me at pease at cpan.org if anyone is interested.

Mark Pease                                     Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Motorola DigitalDNA(tm) Laboratories             perl at perl.sps.mot.com
2100 E. Elliot Rd.     Phone: (480) 413-3919     Mail Stop: AZ34 EL741
Tempe, AZ 85284        Pager: (800) 381-3304       Fax: (480) 413-7918
    Co-Author (with Carl Dichter) of "Software Engineering with Perl"

*** This note may contain Motorola Confidential Proprietary
     or Motorola Internal Use Only Information.
     Please handle accordingly. ***