Phoenix.pm: Call for presentations

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Wed Apr 16 14:35:52 CDT 2003

Ideas
-----

. webcast the presentation - I'm curious how many people just don't
  feel like doing anything physical in the Real World

. Doug's bots idea. If people beg and plead, I'll allocate some
  time there.

. If people beg and plead, I'll finish my FuzzyLogic module.

. Have something that runs server side to finds dereferenced HTML
  files in about a page of code. Gives the route you have to surf
  to find each page that isn't dereferenced relative to the main
  page.

. Loads of new stuff on wiki.slowass.net/?PerlDesignPatterns -
  any of it could be turned into a presentation of various
  degrees of lameness. I'd be happy to do any number of these -
  either as full presentations, or as 10-30 minute mini-presentations.
  Since this is my current pet project, I don't want to stuff it
  down peoples throats, so you have to ask for it ;)
  I tend to be irrational and obsessive about my pet projects.

. As part of my continuations project (which I'm only at the
  poking-at-with-a-long-stick phase with), I could do something
  on Perl5 "B" bytecode/assembly. Syntax, kinds of ops,
  binary representation, comparison to source/input Perl,
  related tools. I'm trying to learn XS and perlguts
  (perldoc perlguts), but I don't know enough to talk on it yet -
  would someone else like to do a nice XS presentation?

Other ideas have been suggested in the past - many of them are marked up
on the phoenix.pm.org website. This email does not presume to preempt or
supersede any previous suggestions - just aggregate my current mental
state.

-scott