Phoenix.pm: Early perl humor

Eden Li eden.li at asu.edu
Tue Sep 3 10:30:46 CDT 2002

This is all fine and dandy, but what language you use really depends
on the application you're working on.  One size fits all languages
rarely stay around very long (i.e. the ones that encompass all the
programming language models).  In some cases it makes sense
to use an imperative language like C or Java; in others it makes
more sense to use a logical language like Prolog.  Don't get me
wrong, I love programming in functional programming languages;
I just get kinda worked up when people (*ahem* Haskell
developers) use merits of functional programming on the whole
to promote their one functional language out of a class of many.

I hope I'm making sense; I tend to skip important steps in logic
when I've just had my coffee.  Alrighty, I think I'm done here.

eden