[Fwd: RE: Phoenix.pm: Dan Sugalski speaking June 20th]

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Fri Jun 7 12:54:53 CDT 2002

Bryan asked this question, which may be on the minds of others...

Bryan Lane wrote:
 > I would like to go, but the $50 donation suggestion is making me feel
 > uncomfortable.  I feel like I should donate, but that is a lot of money.
 > That is why I have been very quiet on this issue.

I'm glad you brought that up.  Let's make this clear.  The donation is
entirely voluntary.  No one will be turned away if they can't/don't
donate.  Also,  $50 is an entirely arbitrary number.  It actually
started at $100, but I told Dan that I thought that was too much, since
a lot of you are unemployed.  So if you want to donate $5 - $500,000 it
doesn't matter.  Also, if you want to give, but can't show up, that's
fine too. :) The point is just to raise money to support Larry, Dan, and
Damian.  That's why we'd like to see some corporate sponsors, too.  If
you use Perl on the job, see if your company would be willing to donate,
or to match funds.  Please let me know if there are any more questions.