Phoenix.pm: New thread: Spelling, Grammar, and other annoying stuff

Hight, Steve - Perot SHight at chw.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:47:30 CST 2002

Hal, you missspeeled "more".

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Goldfarb [mailto:codewell at earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:52 AM
To: phoenix-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: Phoenix.pm: New thread: Spelling, Grammar, and other annoying
stuff

PLEASE!  I love chatting, but I am getting tired of all the tons of spelling

and grammar errors.   This is another thing that compromises any hope of a
professional image for this field.  We all need to keep on each other about
written presentations.

Every day, I see this in newspapers, TV (especially the crawlers on the news

networks), and on web pages.  It is particularly disappointing to see this
lack of professionalism on premier web sites, particularly the ones who
purport to be experts in some field or another.

I hate:

* Spelling errors.
* Grammatical errors.
* Run-on sentences.
* Misused words.
* Lack of understanding of difference between "its" and "it's" (first is a
possessive pronoun; second is an abbreviation for "it is").
* Lack of commas.
* Too many commas.
* Using period where there should be a semicolon.
* Using "but" or "and" when the opposite is meant.

There are moore ,and, I canot thimk of then know.  Its taken to long to
decypher whant I read, and sometimes I half to re-read a think more than
onec
to get it.  Big waist of my thyme.

Sinserelly,
Hall