Phoenix.pm: socket, select & sysread questions

Scott Walters phaedrus at illogics.org
Fri Dec 28 20:09:15 CST 2001

Bah, read the code. It's just a wrapper for select(). Thanks though. Er,
IO::Select, is I mean. Net::IRC speaks server<->client. Ultimately I need
server<->server, which is similiar in IRC, but a bit different. I could
send them patches, but that doesn't suit my purposes. I love Perl,
more then any other reason, because it gives me the tools to reinvent
the wheel at blinding speed ;) Seriuosly, Net::IRC looks pretty
cool. Maybe I can steal code from it. Thanks... btw, nonblock+select
is adequate. Still, the mystery remains...

-scott