Phoenix.pm: open sesame

Pablo at zunigatech.com Pablo at zunigatech.com
Fri May 19 22:15:28 CDT 2000

Greetings:
Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm looking to automate logging into a server and
I wanted to see if I could do it with perl, meaning, use perl as a shell
script. I don't plan on using this script as a CGI script! :)
but use it like any shell script, to automate tasks...

I noticed this book won't be out till July:
Perl for System Administration
by David N. Blank-Edelman, Linda Mui (Editor)

Here's what I've tried so far:
----------the script:

#!/usr/bin/perl-wT

$ENV{"PATH"} = "";

use strict;

open(SSH, "| /usr/bin/ssh -c 3des -l username 127.0.0.1");
print SSH "my_password";
close(SSH);

----------and what I get in response:

[terminal]# perl s_download_db.cgi  (here I execute the script)

Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
username at 127.0.0.1's password:

I'm wondering how I could "give" SSH the password?

Thanks so much.

-Pablo