Phoenix.pm: an infobot, for your comfort and convenience

Scott Walters root at nebuchadnezzar.slowass.net
Thu Mar 30 13:54:01 CST 2000

Pablo,

I'm certain that with the POSIX.pm or the network features built into Perl
you could ping, but off the top of my head, if I were you, I would use
good old LWP on a monitor server, and have it hit a script on the
production server, and verify that it doesn't time out, get connect
refused or any error - and also gets back the desired content from that
page/script.

-scott