Phoenix.pm: Perl programming rates in the Phoenix area

Csaba Kormendy hungarian_ninja at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 17:42:02 CDT 2000

Hello,
I have recently relocated to Tempe and I am currently negotiating some (mostly) Perl CGI work.
I'm trying to get a feel for what a competitive hourly rate is for this kind of work in the
Phoenix area.  I'd been charging $100 to $125 per hour in Boston, but that is starting to look
kind of expensive for this region.  My client is a friend and I'd like to give a reasonable rate.
Could someone please give me some ideas about what competitive rates are for this kind of work in
the Phoenix area?

Csaba

P.S.  I have about tens years of programming experience, with about five in Perl and internet
applications development.