Phoenix.pm: Perl Modules

Kevin Buettner kev at primenet.com
Tue Oct 19 12:59:24 CDT 1999

On Oct 19, 10:22am, Giffin Ron-P08295 wrote:

> Have discovered that there are holes in my COL 1.3 distro.
> Some of my Perl module directories are empty. Went back
> to distro disk and reloaded Perl.  argggs! - same problem.
> For now, I will have to patch up my distro from CPAN or my
> HP-UX box at work.  What are the minimum modules needed
> for my rookie scripting efforts?  TIA.

It depends on what you're doing (obviously).  I usually wait until I
have a problem to solve and then figure out what modules I need (if
any) to solve my problem.  Then I download and install...

You might find it handy to look at Tom Christiansen's list:

	http://language.perl.com/info/cool_modules.html

It is probably a bit out of date though.

Kevin

--
Kevin Buettner
kev at primenet.com, kevinb at cygnus.com