Phoenix.pm: mod_perl

Warner, David David.Warner at feddata.com
Thu Oct 14 14:40:16 CDT 1999

Ron,

	mod_perl is an Apache web server module that:

		- embeds the perl interpreter into the Apache
executable.
		- includes perl modules that provide access to most of
the Apache API.
		- provides some web application services, such as:
			- session tracking.
			- database connection pooling.
			- authorization and authentication.

	I'll be covering all the above on Tuesday, plus some of the
basics about installation, configuration and advantages/disadvantages of
using mod_perl. If you want further information before then,
http://perl.apache.org/guide is the best source of info on mod_perl.

					Hope this helps,

						Dave Warner