Phoenix.pm: meeting recommendations

Douglas E. Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Fri Oct 8 09:58:19 CDT 1999

Phaedrus wrote:

> I'm sure everyone with a white board would be swearing they would trade
> their left kidney for an LCD projector... but for the sake of newbies, I
> agree (by typing or otherwise) code snippits thought of during the
> discussion should be made visable.
> This brings up another point. Why is everyone is eager to bail at 9:pm? I
> think if we moved the meetings to the local pub, we may find people much
> more willing to stick around for a while.
> -scott

Part of that is probably my fault.  When we were meeting at AZFamily, we
didn't have a computer, projector, drinks, etc.  I have to stay after to
clean everything up (and have a 30 min. drive to get home), so I might
tend to push people out the door around 9:00.  Sorry. :)  We can discuss
some alternatives.  We have had purely social meetings in the past.  If
people want to suggest somewhere to have one, and there is interest,
I'll schedule one.  Also, If we want to locate a place nearby that
people can migrate after the meeting, that would be cool too.  Any other
thoughts/ideas?

--
People understand instinctively that the best way for computer
programs to communicate with each other is for each of the them