Phoenix.pm: Perl/Tk Debugger

Bryan Lane Bryan.Lane at VITALPS.COM
Wed Oct 6 10:38:57 CDT 1999

Thank you David!  This will come in very handy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Warner, David [mailto:David.Warner at feddata.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 7:53 AM
To: 'phoenix-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org'
Subject: Phoenix.pm: Perl/Tk Debugger

        This may be of interest: I ran across the new Perl/TK debugger and
installed it on my system last week.  It is both a great tool for debugging
and for learning Perl, since it uses Data::Dumper to display the values of
all variables in your program.  The tool can be found at:

        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/A/AE/AEPAGE/
<http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/A/AE/AEPAGE/>

        Note that there is an Adobe Acrobat file that contains a guide to
the debugger in that directory also.  I have switched from using the
Activestate Perl Debugger (which cost about $99) to ptkdb, which is free,
simply because it is better.

                                        Dave Warner