Phoenix.pm: Symbol Tables

Beaves at aol.com Beaves at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 20:38:53 CDT 1999

I have a situation where I would like to know if a certain subroutine name
has already been defined.  Do any of you guys know how to check the symbol
tables for that?  I have tried a few typeglob solutions but none seem to
work.  I know that I can eval the code and then check the existence of error
messages ($@), but I'd rather not.

I thought I found the answer on page 282 of the "Camel Book". But checking
the definedness of:
    *main::load_email{CODE}
did not test as I'd expect.

Any solutions?

Also, I'm beta testing my Internet Contact Manager.  If you're curious and
would like to try to spoof the script (hopefully unsucessfully), you can add
yourself to the database and test it out.  The email address will have to be
legit to get a password, but all the other stuff can be as phony as you'd
like.

The script sort of showcases all the packages that I have been working on for
the past 6 months or so, since I started on my OOP kick.  All the HTML is
generated with Tag.pm and all of the form variable processing is done with
FormVar.pm

Tell me what you think.

http://www.azwebs.com/cgi-local/ICM/amd/amd.cgi

The user side (database searching and mass emailing) is my next step to
completing the project.  This also could be modified to serve as the Phoenix
PM email contact and member list in the future...

Hopefully I'll be able to see some of y'all on the meeting on the 5th.

Tim